About our Club
Established over a decade ago Sunninghill Striders Running Club (SSCR) has grown into a well established, well organised local running club with just over 300 members. The SSRC serves the running community of Sunninghill and surrounds, providing a platform that is enjoyable, friendly and fun. The SSRC is also a regular top 10 finisher nationally at the Comrades Marathon and top 5 in Gauteng, in terms of the number of finishers by our members.
Although we do not focus solely on the Comrades Marathon, we do use this race as the start and end point of each running season. There are however many races across all distances during the year that our members enjoy and turn out in great numbers to participate in.
Our Club House
We are based at The St Stephens Anglican Church on the corner of Nanyuki and Van der Bijl drive (K60) in Sunninghill, which is also where our Tuesday Time Trials are held. Morning club runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays start from St Peters College just off Maxwell Drive.
We are delighted that Brooks have come on board as our sponsor, with regular shoe draws at our month end Time Trial socials and events.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the SSRC family, check out the memberships section where you can download, complete and submit all the relevant information.
You can also read more about The Sunninghill Striders story here!
- SSRC Support points: There will be 2 support points – one at around the 40km mark and one at the Serepta church at the 60km mark (Old Main Road, Kloof, Durban)
- Finish: Once again, SSRC has a suite at the finish. All comrades runners plus 2 guests are welcome. Please email your guest(s) names to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support Bags: Join us for the Comrades Breakfast run on Saturday 2 June at the Beach Blanket Bohemia at 8am. Bring your Comrades support bags to hand over to the support crew.
- Comrades Send-Off Evening: Join us for a Comrades Send-Off evening after time trial on Tuesday 29 May. Collect your Comrades goodie bags. Richard Mc Evoy will be sharing his Comrades insights.
Licenses are available for collection from the SSRC Clubhouse on Tuesdays after Time Trial.
IMPORTANT: You will need to complete the ASA registration form to collect your license. You also need to be a paid up member to collect your license, so renew your membership now if you haven’t done so already.
SSRC Supported Races for 2018
- Dischem 21km - 14.01.2018
- Johnson Crane Marathon - 28.01.2018
- Pick n Pay Marathon - 11.02.2018
- Sarens - 11.03.2018
- Om Die Dam - 17.03.2018
- The Deloitte Marathon - 18.03.2018
- Modern Athlete Irene Ultra - 08.04.2018
- Jackie Gibson Marathon - 15.04.2018
- Robor (former SlowMag) Marathon - 29.04.2018
- Wally Hayward - 01.05.2018
For the latest news, pictures and events, stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter and join our Strava group.