introducing sunninghill striders
Established in 2004, Sunninghill Striders is a community running club serving Sunninghill and surrounding areas. Our club provides an environment that is competitive yet enjoyable, friendly and fun.
We cater for runners of all distances, novices, weekend warriors, and competitive runners. While training for the Comrades Marathon is used as the starting point of the running season, this is not the only race we focus on. There are many races across all distances during the year that our members participate in.
Our members enjoy:
- Weekly club runs
- Weekly time trial
- Weekend runs
- Club socials and challenges
- Race support at major events
- Insurance (through ASA) that covers you while training and participating in ASA events
- 25% discount on Brooks running shoes and apparel
- Opportunity to meet and build relationships with other runners to train with, to learn from and to be supported by
- Opportunity to make a difference by volunteering their time to the benefit of our running community
where to find us
The SSRC clubhouse is at the St Stephen’s Anglican Church on the corner of Nanyuki Road and Van der Bijl Drive (K60) in Sunninghill. This is also where our Tuesday time trials are held.
Volunteers and Executive Committee
As a community running club, we rely on the involvement of our members to participate in and volunteer to help at our time trials, club runs, races, and events.
Our club committee is elected at the annual AGM by our club members.